Public meeting for Community Center
Public meeting for “Nepali Community Center” in Grater Toronto Area!
Dear All Nepali Community Fellows,
NRNA Canada organized a public meeting for “Nepali Community Center” in Grater Toronto Area on February 26, 2017.
Nepalese Community members, representatives of Nepalese organizations across GTA, NRN Canada members and well-wishers participated actively in the program in such a important meeting for solidarity with NRNA Canada.
Hon. Consular General Dr. Kunjar Mani Sharma delivered key note speech regarding the importance and the possible strategy to build community center in Canada.
The meeting has decided to form a steering Committee for the establishment of Nepalese Community Center with the mandate of extension of committee and formation of sub committees to divide the tasks in different sectors. This time steering committee constitute the following representatives of Nepalese organizations.
- Mr. Tulsi P Sapkota – Chairman (President, NRNA Canada)
- Dr. Tulsi Dharel – Member (Chairman, NCCS)
- Mr. Dhundi Raj Khanal- Member (President, NCNC)
- Mr. Giri Budhathoki -Member (President, NJAC)
- Mr.N B Tandan- Member(President, NCTA)
- Mr. Yuba Raj Bhandari – Member (President, ANQ)
- Mr. Uttam KC – Member (President, Laliguras Sports and Cultural Club)
- Dr. Lila Bhandari- Member (Representative, NCHC)
- To Be Decided – Member (Representative, Canadian Newa Guthi)
- Mr. Suman Lamsal- General Secretary (General Secretary, NRNA Canada)
The public meeting has also authorized to extend the committee with women representatives, representatives from other cities outside Greater Toronto Area and influential social figures, form required sub committees and to take any necessary decisions related to community center establishment.
On behalf NRNA Canada, I would like to thank all the delegates, Nepalese Community members, organizational representatives, NRN Canada members and well-wishers for their presence, active participation and invaluable suggestions for making the public meeting successful and decisive one to achieve the common goal. NRNA Canada is looking forward for all community members to spread words, support and contribution so our goal to have Nepalese community center will be fulfilled sooner.
Our persuasion will always be with you for the peace, progress and prosperity of our Motherland Nepal and Nepali living in Canada.
We always look forward to receiving your continuous support, constructive suggestions, and creative feedback in the days ahead for the betterment of Nepali community!
Thank you so much all for hands in hands.
With best regards,
Krishna Bhandary ’Kismat”